We’re looking for educators who can juggle, drink tea, talk the talk while having fun, who are experienced in all forms of environmental education. They will:
- Assist in delivering our school, corporate volunteering and community educational and citizen science programs especially excursions, incursions and corporate volunteering days
- Work with early learning centres, primary and secondary schools, including students and staff
- Have a holistic understanding of biodiversity, energy, ecology, waste, water and talk on any related topic
- Inspire and activate communities to be engaged in environmental action
They will join a team of passionate professionals in an award-winning, outcome-focused, dynamic community environmental organisation.
We are seeking 1-2 educators to join our casual educator team to deliver educational programs on an as needs basis. The position is a casual position; at an hourly rate of $36.45, including casual loading. It is predicted that the peak times will be during school terms especially terms 2 and 3. Experience with primary schools well-regarded.
Please review the Position Description attached below.
Aboriginal people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information phone our Education Manager on (03) 9534 0670. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by midnight on Thursday 23 February 2017.
Please enclose a CV, a document briefly addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and a 1 page covering letter mentioning when you would be available to start and explaining why you would be the ideal choice.
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for university and high school students to complete their work experience or student placement.
Current opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Tomorrow's Leaders for Sustainability project - documenting, reviewing and evaluating the delivery of our award-winning student leadership program
- Environmental Education social media project - developing and implementing a social media program to promote and showcase the programs, events and achievements of the EcoCentre
- Development of environmental educational curriculum resources - aligned to biodiversity, energy, waste and water
- Creation of short environmental educational films for use in classroom and excursions
- Assisting the Environmental Education team to deliver a wide range of school programs and excursions
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for pre-teacher students, teachers on maturnity/ paternity leave or those who have been out of the of the classroom who would like to experience a range of pedagogy and educational opportunities in a variety of schools.
Teachers on placement will 'shadow' our Educators are they deliver a wide range of incursion and excursions.
For more information on student and teacher placements please contact our Education Team firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9525 3102
Student and Teacher placements are voluntary.
|Educator casual PD January 2017.pdf||221.88 KB|
26 February 2017 - 11:00amAcland Street Plaza, St Kilda
26 February 2017 - 4:00pmSt Kilda Pier
24 March 2017 - 8:45amMelbourne Zoo, Parkville
2 April 2017 - 4:00pmSt Kilda Pier Breakwater
4 April 2017 - 10:00amSt Kilda Pier Breakwater