An empowered and engaged community, actively cultivating long-term social and environmental well-being.
The Port Phillip EcoCentre is a vibrant, accessible network engaging and enabling communities in long-term social and environmental well-being. We do this through building relationships to inspire, educate and demonstrate sustainable environmental practice and reconnect people to the natural world. We value integrity, inclusiveness, creativity, reciprocity and respect for First Peoples' cultures.
The EcoCentre is highly regarded for its proven track record in developing and delivering successful partnership projects.
People from all walks of life visit the EcoCentre to:
- find out what's going on in the local precinct
- become involved in community environmental projects or program
- discover sustainable living practices and technologies in action
- attend a specialised training session, workshop or forum
- provide their students with a unique and meaningful learning experience
- research the EcoCentre blueprint, with a view to creating something similar in their own community
- socialize, have fun and provide their children with an safe, urban green space and garden-play area
|The EcoCentre acknowledges the Yalukit Willam clan of the Boon Wurrung language group, traditional owners of the land on which we are located. We pay respects to their Elders past and present, and extend that respect to other Aboriginal and elder members of our multicultural community. We proudly work in partnership with Aunty Carolyn Briggs and the Boon Wurrung Foundation.|
26 February 2017 - 11:00amAcland Street Plaza, St Kilda
26 February 2017 - 4:00pmSt Kilda Pier
24 March 2017 - 8:45amMelbourne Zoo, Parkville
2 April 2017 - 4:00pmSt Kilda Pier Breakwater
4 April 2017 - 10:00amSt Kilda Pier Breakwater