Sunscreen is good for us. But what is it doing to our Bay?
Come along to hear about our citizen science ‘investigation’ of the effects of sunscreen on the precious environment of Port Phillip Bay.
Date and time: Thursday 17 Dec, 1-3pm
Location: online – link (MS Teams) provided prior to the event (upon Eventbrite registration)
- Introduction/overview of the project – Dr Sarvesh Soni
- The magical underwater world of Port Phillip Bay – Fam Charko
- The hidden threat of water pollution – Prof. Andy Ball, RMIT
- Climate change’s many effects on Port Phillip Bay – Assoc. Prof. Lauren Rickards, RMIT
- UV, Sunscreen and skin cancer – Assoc. Prof. Terry Piva, RMIT
- The effects of sunscreen on Port Phillip Bay marine life – Dr Sarvesh Soni
- The multifaceted role of citizen science – Dr Pat Bonney, RMIT
- Discussion – facilitated by Assoc. Prof. Lauren Rickards, RMIT