Join The Team
Come be part of the EcoCentre team and drive real change for our local ecosystems. See below for our current job vacancies and voluntary placement opportunities.
Impact Team Leader (closing 5 February 2023)
Impact Team Leader – Applications close 11:59PM, 5 February 2023
The Impact Team Leader will lead the Shaping best practice under Victoria’s new environmental laws project, and coordinate the Impact Team including our flagship Port Phillip Baykeeper program and citizen science projects; with a particular focus on advocacy and partnerships during the upcoming period of Victorian legislative, policy and management plan updates.
You will have
- Tertiary qualifications in law, social/public/environmental policy; or significant relevant experience.
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate a strong team, and to manage projects effectively.
- High level research and critical analysis skills, with proven ability to review policy and legislative frameworks, and develop policy positions, submissions to government, and related communications.
- Strong understanding of political systems and processes, in particular relating to the environment, including knowledge of key Victorian government, business and non-governmental organisations in the space.
- High level interpersonal skills, with proven success in developing effective, strategic and sensitive working relationships with government officials, community representatives, business, education institutions, constituents and coalitions.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to compile quality project reports, impact evaluations
- Ability to write successful grant funding submissions.
The position is a 12-months, full-time contracted position of 5 days per week, with one potential contract extension (performance dependent), at a salary of approximately $97,800 plus 10.5% superannuation. Please see the attached Position Description for more information.
Applicants must have full living and working rights in Australia, a full Victorian driver’s licence (or equivalent), a valid Working With Children card and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with the government directives for the sector.
For questions and more information, please contact April Seymore on 0466 284 964.
A full position description and listing is available on Ethical Jobs. Apply today via Ethical Jobs (Click here)
Applications close 11:59PM, 5 February 2023.
The Eco Centre provides a range of opportunities for university and high school students to complete their work experience or student placement.
Next intake term 2, 2023
The EcoCentre provides a range of opportunities for pre-service teachers or educators who would like to experience educational opportunities in a variety of schools. Teachers on placement will ‘shadow’ our Educators.