Bookings open in Term 1, 2022
A garden can delight your sense of sight, taste, touch and your sense of hearing. Learn how to create a sensory garden and how we can bring them indoors.
- What wonders can we find in nature?
- Where do natural materials come from?
- How can we use gentle hands and gentle feet?
- What stories can you find when you play with natural materials?
Your ELC, Kindergarten or Primary School
2 x 40 minutes (two sessions minimum)
Early years, Kindergarten, Prep-Year 2
Up to 22 children per session
$550+GST (two sessions, minimum)
$750+GST (three sessions, maximum)
From Term 1 2022
Excursions can also be organised upon request. Available for booking from Term 1, 2022
- VCSSU041 – People use Science in their daily lives
- VCSSU031 – Science is about exploring the world around me
VCSSU074 – Living things have structural features and adaptations that help them survive in their environments.
- VEYLDF – Children are connected with and contribute to their world (the natural world)
- VEYLDF – Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- VEYLDF – Children are confident and involved learners
- VEYLDF – Children are effective communicators
In this session, we mindfully gather natural materials using gentle hands. We explore natural materials with all our senses and we create a miniature, natural sensory garden for nature play and exploration.
This incursion is delivered at your ELC or Kindergarten by an EcoCentre Educator as 2×40 minute sessions with a short break in between. The maximum number of participants per session is 22 for ELC/Kindergarten and 25 students for Foundation – Year 2. The minimum number of sessions is 2 (cost $550 +GST), the maximum number of sessions is 3 (Cost $750 +GST). Our Educator will bring the materials for this incursion.