About The Program
- Why do we have such a big waste problem?
- Is recycling really the best option when dealing with our waste problem?
- Is it really fully recycled?
- What are the better options?
- What are the five R’s of waste reduction?
- What is a circular economy? (Years 3-8)
- What can we do at home and school to reduce our waste?
Incursion Duration:45 mins
Cost:$150 +GST for up to 50 students
Program Themes:Zero waste, recycling, reuse, repair, repurpose, composting
- F-2 Everyday materials can be physically changed or combined with other materials in a variety of ways for particular purposes (VCSSU045)
- 3-4 Natural and processed materials have a range of physical properties; these properties can influence their use (VCSSU060)
- 5-6 Scientific understandings, discoveries and inventions are used to inform personal and community decisions and to solve problems that directly affect people’s lives (VCSSU073)
- 7-8 Science and technology contribute to finding solutions to a range of contemporary issues; these solutions may impact on other areas of society and involve ethical considerations (VCSSU090)
- Why we have such a waste problem
- Why recycling is not the only or best solution
- The 5 R’s of Zero Waste Living
- Exploring each of these in detail: Refuse, Reduce, Recycle, Reuse, Recycle, Rot
- Challenge the students to their own Zero Waste Challenge
- Explore the concepts of Linear and Circular Economies (Years 3-8)
This incursion is delivered online using Zoom. A teacher and class can join the session from the classroom or remotely from home. A meeting link and instructions will be sent out with the booking confirmation. Minimum group size is 20, maximum group size is 50.
An invoice will be forwarded after the incursion is completed. The fee covers our programs administration costs. Please book your incursion at least 7 days in advance – we are unable to accept last-minute bookings.